Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 24 - New and Improved: Now with more FitCamps!

So apparently, I miscalculated my challenge... It actually works out to NINE weeks of he--.... heavenly awesome training. Yes, that's exactly what I was about to say - fingers just stuttered for a second. ;-)

I was, in reality, quite excited at that revelation this morning - because I had been starting to worry about what I'm going to do after this is over. I've discovered that buying a house is "expensive", so won't have the disposable income to continue training once this challenge has wrapped up. At least not immediately. It's DEFINITELY an investment that I'll continue to make, the moment I'm able. But supposedly, having a (properly built and up to code) roof over your head is quote unquote "important". Sigh. Sometimes being an adult sucks.

I don't want to think about that right now though. I want to go back to this morning, while I was still shrouded in my morning brain fog, trying desperately to keep up to Kendra and my classmates as we pounded through another fantastic workout. (FYI - there seems to be lots of space Tuesdays and Thursdays, which is confusing, because Kendra is a kick butt trainer, so if you're having a tough time getting into classes the rest of the week - the 6am slot for T&T is widely available! Just sayin'... you could join us and see what it is I'm babbling about).

Right -- shiny things distract me-- back to the workout: Today I actually started to notice some significant strength increases in the weights I could work with. It seems to happen when you're not paying attention. Watched pot and all that. All of a sudden, you're like "Hey - this is the weight I usually use... and it's way too easy. I'm gonna pump this up a bit!". So across the board today, I was increasing my weights for presses, push downs, holds, and curls. It was EXCITING! It's those little moments that you're like "Yeah baby, I'm gonna keep rockin' this thing!" and it keeps you coming back for more.

Now as I've been chatting about this IRL (in real life for the non-nerds who don't speak geek) with people - the most common feedback I get is "Ohhh I could never do that, that early in the morning". To that I offer you this:





I covered that sentiment wayyyy back in the first couple weeks of this endeavor, but I find it ringing true more than ever. As we get nearer to the holiday season and things are just absolute madness at work, and after work, and pretty much ALL the time - the only time I really have to myself, FOR myself, is first thing in the morning.

I sure as heck still loathe 5am with every fibre of my being, but I know that by the end of the day, there is no amount of negotiating I could do between my brain and my body to force myself to the gym. There's laundry, and packing, and shopping, and paperwork, and too many things to do 'after work'. So this is how I make time. I suck it up a little bit. I miss a little late night TV while creeping Facebook, and in return, I get healthier, happier, stronger, leaner, and instead of my pudgy-face cuteness that I've had since birth - I'm working towards jaw dropping (and a jawline! Woot!)

Worth. Every. Sleep-deprived. Morning.

I'd do it 100 times over. And in fact, I might!

No comments:

Post a Comment