Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 4 - Beg for Mercy/Beg for More

*Alarm Clo---* You know what? Don't even bother, I'm awake. I'm up for crying out loud. But you know what else? I'm feelin' pretty good! Happy to say, I think I've rounded the first major corner. Still tight, still sore, but not to the point of total immobility. I've moved from raging burn, to dull ache of a good workout. Can I get a high five? WOOT WOOT!

Onwards and upwards fellow fitness victims.

Now for class:

... It's always the quiet ones. Megan is such a lovely, sweet, soft spoken girl. Until the warm-up starts. Then she's the spawn of Satan

I'm kidding of course. Megan is pure awesome, and runs a seriously kick butt class. But boy does she push your limits.

Have you ever done a minute of squats? How about a minute of JUMP squats? Minute of burpees? And I swear her minutes last about 300 seconds... Again though, for anyone who might be intimidated by that - you're encouraged to go at your own pace. If you need to take a quick break to shake it out, or modify the exercise, do it. On the flip side if you CAN push harder, and you're taking breaks/changing positions... the only person you're cheating, is yourself.

It's a very fine line between pacing yourself, and slacking, I've discovered (a line I tend to toe... *blush*). But I have to remind myself, it's still week ONE... day FOUR. I'm 80% done my first week, but I'm only 10% done the journey so far.

Tomorrow is the final push before my first break. Sunday is a weigh/measure day. I'm bracing for that, because I know I'll have put on muscle, which always pushes the scale in the wrong direction. So for the moment, I'm trying to focus on feeling my clothes fit differently. Everything tightening, and lifting. Energy levels rising. Body adjusting. That's the hardest part to remember. This isn't about a number on a scale.

For those who haven't read the comments sections of past posts, I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes:

"No matter how slow you go - you're still lapping everyone sitting on the couch".


Cheers. And here's to earning my Pumpkin Spice Latte...

7 comments:

  1. I need a nap after reading this! Squats? Not in my current iteration. And by the way, you need no encouraging pointers from me on writing your posts. They are just awesome--the right blend of humour and information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now calm down, I'm here!!!!! Now drop and give me 20 whiner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah ha ha... well now I can relax. The Ken is here! All is right with the world.

      *Counting off* 1,2,3,4....

      Delete
  3. All your beauty, smarts and physical stamina and you WRITE, too? I will be a faithful follower, Bre . . . Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well gee whiz! You sure know how to make a gal feel loved! Thank you so very much for your support. :D <3 xo

      Delete
  4. Basic training taught me about that weigh scale and muscle and it was a hard lesson to learn. Just remember, once you're there it's just maintenance. You just have to get there! Go Bre go! -Shay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shay <3
      It's a tough lesson for many. That's why I figured I'd address it... because it's still one I'm working on myself. Appreciate the vote of confidence chicky. :)

      Delete