Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 8 - Hurts so good...

You know that moment when you hear a song on the radio, and out of the blue, the lyrics totally make sense? That happened for me today...

I'm on a song lyrics kick for post titles this week. Well, by kick, I mean two days in a row - but whatever. Today's is brought to you by John "Cougar" Mellencamp. I saw him at a toy store in New York once... but that's another story.

Right now - it's all about the fitness (or lack thereof as the case may be) journey with Bodynetix. So remember how the other day I said how great it felt to be past the point of 'pain'? Hahahahahahahaha yeah, I thought that was hilarious too. This morning, the hammies were screaming again. The difference this morning however, was how my brain interpreted that pain. Rather than "omg I must hobble"... it's more like "Yeah baby, that's some new muscle growin' right there!". It has also acknowledged that about 5 minutes into the workout, the pain will be more or less gone so it's not quite so daunting to show up to class when I've struggled to get out of bed.

For those who are facing some simple pains after their workouts, and like myself, dislike traditional 'painkillers', there are some great natural options for you - apart from the Icy Hot I bathed in on day two. :-P

I really like Arnica Gel or Traumeel. The Traumeel comes in both gel AND tablet form. It's all natural and apparently used by some of our Olympians. I originally got it for my mom who has some chronic pain issues, and it has been a very welcome addition to our household medicine cabinet. The gel is really good for tight/strained muscles, along with speeding the healing of bumps and bruises. As a total klutz, I really appreciate that feature. (Keeping in mind I am NOT a doctor, or professional in any way! These are just what I use personally. Ask your doc about these things first, and don't even think about suing me! There... that's my disclaimer)

Something else that kinda takes the pain away is the fact that Tour de Rock is in town this week - and I can't really complain about any pain I might feel from an hour long workout, or my early mornings, when this team of inspirational people are cycling 1000kms from tip to tip of Vancouver Island, and are sitting on their bikes up to 8 hours a day. Kinda puts things in perspective pretty quickly. So my hat is off to them, my heart is with their cause, and I know my sore butt is nothing compared to theirs, so back to the "Suck it up princess" phase.

Don't forget that if you'd like to check out FitCamp for yourself, you've got two more chances to win this week with "The Big Show" with Bob & Bill on 97.3 The Eagle. I'm still looking forward to seeing a few more Eagle-ites in class. ;-)

I will leave you with this view, which we were rewarded with after this morning's rather tough class. Thanks Universe. I think we all appreciated this little pat on the back:


No comments:

Post a Comment