Sunday, September 16, 2012

T'was the night before Christmas...

...except that it's September, and in this house there are lots of creatures stirring - apart from the cats, the butterflies in my stomach are quite active! I didn't know it was possible to be so simultaneously thrilled and terrified. Tomorrow morning marks the start of what I know will be an amazing journey and one I'm grateful to be taking, but it also means facing a lot of demons.

1) My general lack of fitness
2) My overall lack of preparation
3) My utter inability to function before 10am
4) How to incorporate my plant based diet into a training regime

Over the next 10 weeks, I'll be documenting my experience with the Bodynetix FitCamp, one of the toughest workouts in the Comox Valley I've been told. This blog is where I'll share my pilgrimage of pain, and hopefully in the end, it will turn out to be a triumphant celebration of fitness and health.

Okay - first things first, I've gotta toss some numbers out to the world, which is probably one of the more horrifying parts of this experience. I'll save the 'before' pictures, until I've at least made a little progress, lest I look at them and give up before I begin! :P

Weight: 147lbs
Waist: 34 inches
Hip: 38.5 inches
Chest: 40.5 inches
Bicep: 12 inches
Thigh: 24.5 inches
Calf:15 inches
Bodyfat %: Ugh...

We just finished prepping lunches for the week, and more than anything, I think that's what's keeping me mentally jazzed about this whole thing! Just filled our fridge with amazing food, and my mom cooked up some incredible easy stuff for me to grab-and-go. (Have I mentioned how awesome my mom is?)

Okay - it's off to prep the gym bag, get the morning smoothie ready to go ('cuz lord knows I won't be doing much at 5am) and then hopefully settle my brain to sleep. I truly do feel like a kid at Christmas. But Santa comes in the form of a merciless drill instructor. ;-) (Chris - if you read this... I'm kidding!)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Breezie! I'll be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xoxoxo - you are a gem. Thank you. Makes it easier to face something like this, when I've got minds like yours to pick. ;)

      Delete