Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 14 - Who Needs Sleep?

A year from now, you'll wish you'd started today.

That one little phrase pertains to so many things. Fitness, business, saving money... and today, as I face just one more work-out before my trip home, I can't help but wish that I had just one more week. I wish I'd started earlier, worked harder, not waited so long to make these changes in my life. But at least I'm doing it now. I just need to keep telling myself that. And if you're reading this, having ever felt that way at ANY point in your life, then start now. Tomorrow is never going to be easier. In fact, tomorrow never comes. Because by then, you'll have 101 more reasons you shouldn't - but you only need one reason that you should:

You. Deserve. Better. 

Think about where you were a year ago. Have you accomplished all you thought you would in the last 366 days? (It was a leap year afterall... you even had an extra 24 hours!). I know I haven't, which is why I'm starting the process now, and not waiting ANOTHER year to get going. There's nothing clearer, or more frustrating, than hindsight when you're not seeing what you want to see.

Yesterday, Chris was posting on the Bodynetix Facebook Page about commitment, and how so many people can say they're going to do something, but then they quit on themselves. There are lots of great things to quit in your life. Quit smoking, quit drinking, quit drugs, heck -quit biting your nails, but don't quit on YOURSELF. I quit something a few weeks ago. It was the hardest relationship break-up of my life. It has been a struggle to just simply get out of bed every single day. It was a toxic relationship, and I've known for so long that I had to just walk away, but the time finally came.

I broke up with my snooze button.

I pulled out all the cliches. "It's not you, it's me. I just need some time to myself. We're just in different places right now". I know that occasionally, we might have an early morning rendezvous, but no more long term commitment. Sorry snooze button. My commitment is to myself. To change. To health. To fitness. But not to you. Okay fine - you can come with me on vacation to Nova Scotia for the next couple of weeks, but when we get back, you're back to the curb! :-P

ONE WORKOUT LEFT. 
As Flight of the Conchords said: It's Business Time

Truly, this is a last chance workout. For serious. For real. For -- OMG where did those 3 weeks go!? Well, as of a couple days ago, "the dress" zips, and for me, that feels amazing. Tomorrow will be my last total butt kicking for a couple of weeks. I'll continue to work at it while I'm away, but the schedule is a little demanding, preparing for my sister's wedding, so posts will be more sporadic, a lot less involved, and likely quite scattered in thought processes haha.

If you want to keep up with what's going on, and how 'vacation' feels right in the middle of this new routine, then subscribe via email, which you can do on the right side of the screen. This is going to be the ultimate test of will power, and dedication. Can I maintain forward momentum, and continue to make progress while surrounded by an abundance of delicious food, drinks, desserts, and party atmosphere? I know I CAN... but the WILL is the question.

I think most of my focus will be 'how to workout on vacation and still have time to party'. If there are any topics you think I should cover while I'm away, then leave a comment!

Stay tuned... and I'll leave you with this. Size matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment