Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 19 - Blind Melon Style: No Rain

Hilarious moment to start our class this morning, Kristin said outloud what I'd been thinking since my feet hit the floor shortly after 5am and looked out the window... "Oh man, no rain - that means we have to run!". My reaction was "thank gawd I'm not the only one thinking that!" The whole 'misery loves company' thing really rang true. But not the way that makes us all mopey, just in a way that allowed us to giggle together. Sometimes I feel like such a wuss - but having those shared moments of "uuuuuugh" snaps me back to reality. Not going it alone can make all the difference in the world.

I do try to keep that in mind when we're going through some of the tougher classes (and for me, they're ALL tough this week. I'm still adjusting to coming back after 2 weeks away. I swear that they're actually a little tougher though. I feel like Chris and Megan stepped it up a notch over the last couple of days!) On the 'Megan' side of things, I'm SO sad that today was her last morning class with us. She's such a great trainer, and an inspiration to be around, as she has committed her life to fitness in several ways. Megan - let me say again, all the best of luck in Winterpeg, and I hope you'll come back to visit and do some @$$ kicking guest sessions when you're around!

But back to what I was saying about shared misery - Some days, you'll feel like everyone around you is lifting weights like Superman lifts cars, and their stamina is never ending -- meanwhile you're struggling to breathe, let alone actually move... but trust me, it's not as bad as it appears. We all have butt-dragger days. When you just can't get your mojo moving, and you'd really just rather crawl back between your warm fluffy blankets, and stay there for a couple of days... that's when it matters most that you keep going.

Thus - I present to you this little ditty:


One of the biggest workout truths I've ever come across. Anyone can do a couple push-ups and sit-ups, and feel like they've accomplished something, but once you've pushed yourself to the point where you don't want to keep going, and you keep going anyway - THEN... and ONLY then, do you really start to see and feel the results you're craving.

We've all wanted to quit at one point in time. If you're doing things right - you'll want to quit at least once, every time you workout... but eventually, that 'quit' feeling turns into 'bring it on'. You wait for that moment, and when it arrives, it's almost (almost) exciting, because you know it's go time.

So I'm toeing that line of "yuck" and "Yay!" right now - but every day I'm getting stronger, faster, leaner, and it's only a matter of time before I crush some more milestones.

If you're having one of those 'woe is me' days - keep thinking about the fact that everyone at some point has been there, and more than likely, many that you know are there right now. But like my thoughts on the rain this morning, until someone says it outloud, you never really know how anyone else is feeling about it. Just believe that you're not the only one - and it all gets a little easier to bear. Plus, tomorrow is always another day - and maybe, just maybe, it'll rain. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment